We ask that you treat our doctors and practice staff with courtesy and respect at all times.
- The first hour of the morning can be extremely busy taking urgent calls. Please keep telephone calls as brief as possible and leave routine calls till later in the day.
- Please let us know if you are unable to keep an appointment. We can then offer the appointment to someone else.
- Please contact the surgery between 8:00am and 10:00am on 02380 877900 to request a home visit during the day.
- You are responsible for your own health and that of your children. With that in mind please take the advice given to you by the clinicians within the practice.
- Please let use know if you change your address or name and remember to provide a contact telephone number for you or your carer along with your post code.
- In surgery you can discuss any medical matters with the doctor, including asking for a second opinion.
- If tests are ordered for you, please allow up to 4 working days for blood test results to come back to the surgery and up to 10 days for x-ray or ultrasound results to come back. Hospital letters from consultants may take 10 days or more to arrive. Our post does not arrive until after lunch time so please call after 2:00pm for all results.
- If you wish to see your medical records this can be arranged via consent from your doctor. Please make all requests in writing to Mrs Julie Stewart, Practice Manager. A time will be arranged for you to come in and sit with a member of staff whilst you view your notes. You will need to show proof of identity prior to seeing your notes. There may be a fee payable should you request copies of your notes.
- Repeat prescriptions are processed between 8:30 – 11:00 am cannot be taken over the telephone. You must request in writing by fax on 02380 877900 or by handing in your request slip at reception. Please allow 48 hours for your prescription to be processed.
- Please read our practice leaflet or go on-line to our website at www.forestsidemedicalpractice.co.uk to see the services we provide.
- Where an appointment or acknowledgement of a routine referral for a hospital is not received within six weeks, please contact the hospital or outpatients concerned