NHS Learning Opportunities
NHS England has a range of learning opportunities for patients and the public who would like to be more involved in the workings of the NHS. If you are interested in these opportunities you can read about them on the NHS Involvement website here:
Local Services Surveys - Have Your Say
We currently have a number of surveys on our website. If you have experienced problems with ear wax, cataracts or knee pain please see our survey here . We would like to hear from you about the extended hours hubs in your local area here and if you have been referred to a hospital or other healthcare service please complete our survey here.
All our current surveys are on our website: https://www.westhampshireccg.nhs.uk/current-
The latest NHS England bulletin is available here
Alternative Appointments at Partnering Health Ltd and the Tri Locality Care Ltd Service
If we cannot accommodate your needs by having an available appointment at a time when you are able to get to surgery (due to working out of area) then we can book you an appointment to see a doctor or nurse within Lymington or Ringwood. Their opening times are:-
- Monday - Sunday 08:00 - 21:00 at Lymington
- Monday - Friday 18:30 - 21:30 at Ringwood
- Saturday - 0800 - 17:00 at Ringwood
- Sunday - 10:00 - 14:00 at Ringwood
Further appointments are available at the Romsey and Totton Tri Locality Ltd Service Hubs
West Hampshire CCG annual review
West Hampshire CCG is carrying out its annual review of patient satisfaction with healthcare providers in west Hampshire. We want to hear about when you or your family last used services at our hospitals in Winchester, Andover and Southampton, Bournemouth, Salisbury or Portsmouth, or the health care provided in the community, such as physiotherapy or community nurses.
Please help us by completing the following survey:
NHS Choices - see our page on the NHS website
PLANNED CHANGES TO OUR SERVICE:-
Please complete our latest patient survey to help
Do you need help to stop smoking?
Quit4Life, Hampshire’s free NHS stop smoking service, offers friendly support, including advice on e-cigarettes and stopping smoking without putting on weight. They can also supply safe and effective stop smoking products for up to 12 weeks. Go to www.quit4life.nhs.uk or ring 0845 602 4663 for more information.
Increase smoker self-referrals to Quit4Life and reduce the strain on your surgery.
Encouraging your patients to access our help to quit will lead to shorter and fewer GP consultations, improved patient health and lower practice costs.
Quit4Life can also provide:
- Slides for your waiting room screens
- Information to include in your annual letter to smokers
- Small Quit4Life cards for each GP to keep on their desk
- Service leaflets about Quit4Life to put on display
- Posters giving local access points for support
Please contact us if you would like any of the above.
GETTING HAMPSHIRE WALKING
The prevention of ill health forms a large part of West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Groups Five Year Plan looking at increasing the prevention of ill health.
- This is by simply promoting Walking for the Good of Your Health.
- The Health Benefits are directed at the whole population.
- Walking can help reduce, slow down and even prevent Chronic Disease
- The NHS is buckling under its current pressures
- You could help change that!
- Walking 30 minutes or more daily can benefit in most cases
The West Hampshire walking scheme based on the work of Dr William Bird, GP from Reading who has undertaken research identifying the health and wellbeing benefits of exercise and connection with the outside environment. This work will tie in with local authority, Sports Council and other agency walking schemes.
- Your breathing
- Your joints
- Your muscle tone
- Your weight
- Your mood
- Which in turn could help reduce chronic disease
You could Help Us to Help You By!
- Keeping Active – Helps to Prevent Disease
- Tapping into local walking Groups – Could Help Prevent loneliness and Isolation
- By Encouraging Family and Friends – Is Targeting Whole Communities
- Advertising Getting Hampshire Walking – Means More People Can Benefit From Better Health
- Help Reduce NHS Bills – Means We are all Helping to Promote a Sustainable NHS Health Service